Friday 26 July 2013

Power Goes: Roaring 20s

So this year I was asked to sing for Port Adelaide Power's annual fundraiser at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre which was themed this year as Power Goes: Roaring 20s!

I was joined on stage by the lovely Rachel and Emily as we sang 'Thou Swell", "Night & Day" and "Orange Colored Sky" with the accompaniment of the Cornerpocket Big Band... This experience was amazing!!

At first the thought of recreating a 1920s hairstyle was quite daunting but after watching a lot of YouTube tutorials, I came across this one and created my hairstyle using these techniques suggested by Tony & Guy.  My hair is medium length and was the perfect length for this hairstyle, so it ended up being relatively simple to put together. The only thing I had a professional handle was my make up... I can't do my makeup to save my life... The lovely Sarah from MAC Meyer Centre in the city was the artist behind this face.

Top: Hair curled and water waves pinned to the side of head
Middle: The finished hair style! Side curls were pinned under to create a faux bob
Bottom: Side view of completed hairstyle
I love the way these curls sat, even before they were pinned into the faux bob- very 1940s! 
I would definitely wear this out to my next big event.

Here are some photos of the lovely ladies I sang with tonight:

Left picture: Rachel (left) Me (centre) Emily (right)

I love gigging and this was definitely one of the most memorable performances I've had the privilege of being a part of and can't wait for the next one!

Happy times!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it positive and don't forget to leave your name if you are posting anonymously...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...